Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Humphries is Ready to Compete for Playing Time




Adam Humphries has some stiff competition for the slot receiver and returner positions as we get closer to July. Humphries was one of the few bright spots on the team last year as he stepped up nicely filling in for the injured Louis Murphy as the slot receiver. He is not the biggest or the fastest but reliable and that is what you want from your third receiver. Humphries had a decent rookie season hauling in 27 catches for 260yds and one touchdown. Humphries is working hard to improve in all areas and feels he has already improved via Buccaneers.com.
"I do feel like I'm a better player [this year]," said Humphries. "I feel like every year I need to improve and that's what you have to do to stay in this league. I had a good offseason and I feel like so far in OTAs we've improved. Personally, I feel like I've improved and that I've performed well this offseason.
Humphries looks up to New England's star receiver Julian Edelman and wants to evolve his game similar to him by being precise in his route running and overall lateral quickness. If Humphries can become anything close to Edelman then the Bucs got another steal and the offense will be in good hands. Humphries is going to have to earn it as he faces tough competition from Kenny Bell and Evan Spencer. The receiver position will be a fun one to watch come training camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment