Friday, January 29, 2016

New OC Is Going to Bring Fun




New Bucs offensive coordinator Todd Monken is fired up and wants to bring more explosive plays and have fun doing it. Monken who work with Koetter when they were with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2007, was known for bringing energy and having fun with his players.  Now with Tampa, he wants to bring the fun back and a winning attitude as well.
"I like having fun. I don't know why it has to feel like such drudgery," Monken said. "I just don't. I've never understood that. I want a fight song. We don't even have a fight song, I don't think. I want a fight song. Is there a fight song? Cool. You get to sing a fight song. Call me a college guy. When I was in Jacksonville they called me a college guy. That's great, I love it. I love coaching, the excitement of it, why can't it be fun?
 "Watch the Carolina Panthers. They have fun! That looks like fun to me. I wanna have fun. I want our quarterback to have fun. I want our guys to have fun doing it together. I want the locker room to be fun. Is that harder in a pro setting? Yes, because of the change. You have so many different pieces that change, you gotta make that blend together, and guys that play for more than just themselves. Which is difficult in a pro setting because of the money, as we know.
Completely agree with coach, as this team can use some fun and why not copy a Superbowl team like the Panthers. So far looks like coach Monken will be great addition to the team.

Potential fight song for the Bucs?


No comments:

Post a Comment