Sunday, February 28, 2016

My Job Is to Eliminate You!




It wasn't too long ago when many draft experts had former Clemson CB Mackensie Alexander going in the top ten of their mock drafts. Some had him going 9th overall to Tampa, which at the time seemed like the logical choice, now most have the Bucs taking Noah Spence. For some reason Alexander has fallen out of the first round in a lot of mocks now which makes no sense as Alexander is still a top corner in this draft class. The knock on Alexander is he didn't have any interceptions in his career at Clemson, but the case can be made that the ball wasn't thrown his way very often. That's what good cover corners do, they take half of the field away. He is his opinion on the matter per NFL.com.
"I had some opportunities to come up with some picks in my career. I didn't come up with them at the end of the day. I'm taking it like a man. In a lot of my situations, I wasn't challenged very much," Alexander said. "A lot of quarterbacks on teams stayed away from me, and that was their game plan, really. That's it, really. That's how I answer that."

Alexander at 5'11 195lbs is a fiery competitor who excels in man coverage and is considered a lock down cover corner. He has good reaction quickness, plays physical, and has knack for taking his guy completely out of the game. Alexander doesn't lack confidence as he said today he is the best corner in this draft class per NFL.com.
"I'm 22, but I'm ready to compete with anybody. There's nobody more dedicated than me, who's put more time in or is more of a competitor than me. ... I'm here prepared. I'm telling you I'm the best corner in this draft class," Alexander said.
I love Alexander's swagger and confidence, he loves to compete and is the type of guy you want to have on your team. Alexander only allowed 33% completion percentage and 0 Tds allowed against him. If this guy were to fall to the second round, and the Bucs have already taken someone like Noah Spence, I would not hesitate to take Alexander if I was Jason Licht. The guy is a winner, and this team needs more guys like this kid. Here is Alexander's best quote from today per Matt Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment