Thursday, September 22, 2016

Vjax Is Still Playing Well




Vincent Jackson has been getting a bad rap as of late and the hate needs to stop. People are talking as if he's washed up and done. Yes, Jackson is in his 12th year and 33 years old but watching the tape he still is doing his job. He has been targeted 16 times and only has 6 catches for 62 yards. As I stated earlier in the week, a bunch of those targets were way off target by Winston and thats something he needs to fix, but Jackson has shown his worth on many other occasions. He may not be getting all the catches and yards Evans is getting but he is getting open as you can see below.

He also shows his ability to block and be used in different ways here as he springs open a big play for Adam Humphries.
Ever since Jackson joined the bucs in 2012 he has been known to drop a ball or two a game so that is no big story. He still has the ability to get open and make big plays down the field. Any way you look at it VJax is still a mismatch in our favor as he's 6'5 230 and can easily box out any corner in front of him. He knows he's still good and he showed it here, per Rick Stroud Tampa Bay Times.
I feel great. I still feel like I’m playing at a very high level. Our coaches have all the confidence in me, obviously, my teammates do as well. So for me, it’s just continue to do my job. I don’t have to try and do too much or press or anything extraordinary. I trust my training, I know I can make plays and when those opportunities come – I hope more come my way – but I’m just going to continue to do my job.''
Jackson has alway been a true professional and he will show up. Given that he is fully healthy, Jackson should be targeted much more and he will produce and make Winston's job so much easier. I'm not concerned at all about his ability and expect him to produce in the coming weeks. Oh and guess what, he has another 5'11 corner covering him this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment