Saturday, March 19, 2016

Deeper look at Robert Ayers



Robert Ayers looks to be a late bloomer as he is 30 years old and had his first breakout season last year that happened to be a contract year. What were the reasons behind this? He described a little about himself and why he feels he will do better in Tampa during his conference call last week.
"When I first came into the league I wasn't as mature as I needed to be." went on the say "I was asked to do things I wasn't comfortable with." "I had 4 defensive coordinators my first 5 years."
Ayers seems to have finally found his stride and knows what he's best at in the NFL. Some may say his stat increase was due to Jason Pierre-Paul, but looking at a breakdown of all his sacks here, courtesy of NJ.com you will see he was disruptive in multiple positions.

He seems to believe in this new Bucs defensive staff just as all of our other defensive signings do.
"scheme fit." "the right situation, with a staff that understands what they are getting to utilize me the way they saw me being successful." States "Allow me to do the things I do well."
Mike Smith has stated in the past that he will put his players in a position to be successful and it appears that it caught Ayers eye. His versatility is his best trait as he will be able to play inside and out helping McCoy and company get to the QB. Ayers no doubt is a welcomed addition and an improvement from the D-line talent the bucs had on the roster last year. Most likely another DE/DT will be on their way in the draft to solidify Tampa's front, as it all begins and ends in the trenches.





No comments:

Post a Comment