Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Roddy White and Dirk Koetter Reunion?




When the news broke of Roddy white being released by the Falcons, the first thought across everyones minds were that he would reunite again with Dirk here in Tampa. Dirk and Roddy have a long history together and White became the player he is today with a lot of guidance from your buccaneer head coach. Both had kind words to share about each other here per espn, Vaughn McClure.

Koetter about White:
"I tell friends of mine all the time that Roddy White is the single-most competitive football player I've ever met in my life," Koetter said. "I've just never been around a guy that his desire to win and compete would let him overcome injuries. He would do whatever it takes -- whether it be blocking, catching, running with the football -- just whatever you needed to help you win a game, Roddy would try to do it."
White about Koetter:
"Dirk's my guy, but he's watched me and how I grinded over the years, just dealing with injuries and going out there playing football," White said of Koetter. "He knows me in and out as a player; my strengths and my weaknesses. He put me in a lot of positions to make plays in his offense, and I had a lot of success. It's just kudos to him to say I'm one of the toughest guys he's ever been around, that he's ever coached. That speaks volumes of how I've just tried to come to work and be on my game to help our team win." 
 Its obvious the two have had great success with each other but the question is does White have anything left in the tank? White is 34 now and is no longer the deep threat he used to be evident by his big drop off last year with only 43 receptions, 506 yards, long of only 25 and one TD. His NFL career is slowly coming to an end right before our eyes.

White could consider reuniting with Koetter and coming to Tampa Bay to try and revitalize what little gas he does have left in the tank or he could go and join a serious playoff contender and end his career with a Superbowl ring. The latter is most likely, yet if he did want to join the Bucs I would have no issues with it, as he would provide another dependable option for Jameis and help groom young receivers coming up (Kenny Bell).

No comments:

Post a Comment